rubya

Hearts Aflame
Johanna Lindsey
Outliers: The Story of Success By Malcolm Gladwell
Brown and Company- -Little
The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country's Foremost Relationship Expert
John M. Gottman, Nan Silver
The Kite Runner: Graphic Novel
Khaled Hosseini, Fabio Celoni, Mirka Andolfo
The Mill on the Floss
George Eliot
Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen

One Day (Movie Tie-in Edition) (Vintage Contemporaries)

One Day - David Nicholls I enjoyed reading this book, but upon finishing it, I must say that it was overall a disappointment.The whole thing seems rather pointless to me. I found Emma's journey a lot more interesting than lame Dexter's only to have it snuffed out in such a dissatisfying and unexpected way.The whole book seemed to be about missed opportunities and chances and yet, when things finally get on the right track, it all ends in a tragic and unexpected way.Why? What was the point of it at all? Couldn't we have a revelation of some sort? I mean honestly, I read through 400 pages for this?I read this book after a string of romance novels so maybe I'm biased, but still. I really see no point.I did like some things about the book: I liked Emma and her struggle to find herself in her life and career, I liked the writing style which was engaging and interesting, I liked the concept of a snapshot of July 15 from year to year, although it was a bit irritating because sometimes I wanted to know what happened the next day or the next week, but I guess that was the point.I agree with the reviews- the book is glorified chick-lit, withouth a HEA, which I guess is supposed to elevate it to the rank of "literature." I don't buy it.....